Friday, April 18, 2014

Building Blocks Quilt- FMQ Along # 10

I have fallen behind in our Free Motion Quilt Along. I left it to last in my list of sew alongs to complete. I have been struggling with some of the quilting designs and not happy with some of the results. I know my problems were common problems and practise was required to overcome them but that wasn't making me feel any better. I think I have solved 1 problem, I finally found a marking pencil I can see on my fabric. It is a yellow quilting marking pencil. First the last block from March to complete. Again circles appear, luckily only 4 this time. My circles are still not true circles yet but I like the results from the lines. I did complete the block without breaking the thread and my stitches were more even.
Front of the block.
Back of the block.
Now for piecing April's block. Something easy to sew. All done.
Now to mark the stippling pattern, I only marked the 2 largest stippling patterns as Leah suggested. Stippling is something I have tried before. This was my only experience in free motion quilting before this quilt along. So I was fairly confident I could do this one.
Here it is. I stitched the 3 larger ones with no troubles I did have a little trouble with the smallest stippling I did snap my thread right at the end and was having trouble seeing where I was going. 
I don't think I would use the largest stipple design in a project but I found the second and third stipple sizes more suitable to use in future projects. 

Here is the link to see what other quilters are up to.

Until next time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia



No comments: