Sunday, January 20, 2019

What thread would you use?

 What thread would you use? It is a question I get regularly from customers. What should I use?
So I thought I would do a few posts on what you would find me using.
So what thread was in my sewing machine this weekend?
 This is Aurifil 50wt cotton. It is my go to thread in the Aurifil range. I think the 50wt is my favourite for machine piecing and quilting that I want to blend in. If I want the quilting to stand out more I use the 40 wt.
This blue is a great match for this table runner for the quilting and top stitching around edge of the project.
I have a basic selection of colours that I always have a spool on hand depending on the project. Though I do have my favourite. I will not be without this colour. The logical colours may be a cream, off white, or even a grey. They are all great choices but I do think it is a personal choice. My absolute favourite is colour #2900. 

Yes this is my favourite colour. It blends so well with what I tend to be working with. I like to use a lot of colour especially batiks. Now if you work with lots of lights and pastels you may find my favourite is too dark for you and you would probably prefer #2000 a light cream. Now that would be the colour I would use if I am working on a light coloured project.
Don't forget you can start your own collection of Aurifil threads with our new Aurifil club here at Cynthia's Ark. More details on my website.
Until Next Time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia

No comments: