Sunday, January 21, 2018

Desert Sky Workshop

On Saturday we had the Desert Sky workshop on in store. It has been an eagerly awaited workshop, with a stunning pattern and a new teacher. There was four of us in class to learn the best ways to foundation paper piece. It is something I really needed help with. I have tried it a few times some with ok results and some with I am going to throw this in the bin if I have to unpick it again.

It was  a hot day and I had all the fans with the air conditioner going trying to keep us cool. It was an enlightening morning session and we were amazed we cut all the quilt blocks ready to sew. Preparation is the key she told us.




We had a great day learning, playing with fabrics, cutting, sewing, and enjoying each others company. We made plans for future workshops. Three of us did complete 4 blocks each and started on the next batch. So hopefully we will cruise through the rest of the blocks since they are cut. I will be working on mine during Sunday session of Project Uninterrupted. Why not since everything is laid out in sewing order.



Watch out for more details on the Fractured Paintbox Workshop with Elizabeth which will be held on the 11th March in store. This workshop uses precut 2 1/2" strips, so maybe you have some jelly rolls in your stash that you would like to use, this may be the workshop for you.


Until Next Time 
Keep Stitching
Cynthia

2 comments:

AlidaP said...

Absolutely lovely blocks! I really enjoy paper piecing, but there are days where I am more successful at it than others... typically it depends if my brain is tired or not, since the technique require some focus! Your blocks turned out fantastic!! Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Very nice paper pieced blocks. I love the colors.