Sunday, November 19, 2017

Framed Up Mystery Quilt

I had a mystery quilt class last week where only I knew the final quilt. It was a simple block but set on point with sashing in between the blocks and the whole quilt is made from 2 1/2 inch strips so it is perfect for pre cuts.

This is my class sample finished to top stage. I need to quilt it or have it quilted.

 This one was made using a  Penny Rose Fabrics Rolie Polie bundle called Meadow with a background fabric and sashing fabrics.

The great thing about this quilt is you can make it with 4 fabrics as I have done in a smaller version with a new range in store Lewis & Irene Autumn in Bluebell Wood range.  This would make a great baby's quilt for a boy or a girl with the cute little animals through it.

This one I am quilting using the Westalee rulers which I stock.  I love using them and seeing what i can create using them especially when I have new ones to try. We will be have a number of days over 2018 for you to can and do workshops on them. From the beginners starter class to an more advanced class where we will be making a quilt and then quilting the blocks. It will be like a sampler quilt for the rulers.

I have used Glide thread to quilt this quilt in. I used Battleship in the blocks and Raspberry in the sashings.


With all this said there is one more version of this mystery quilt I want to try out. That is the totally scrappy version with a standard Jelly roll. My first version had what I call a control fabric in it. (my background fabric was the same in all the blocks.) I must admit that is my preferred scrappy way.
So when I get around to doing it I will share what happens and will I be able to be totally scrappy or will I pull back to my comfort zone.

Maybe I can share the next mystery quilt class here online with everyone if there is enough interest! Let me know if you are interested. Nothing too hard.  Maybe it's time to get The Block Library going again.

Until Next Time 
Keep Stitching
Cynthia


No comments: