Saturday, January 28, 2017

My Victorian Fling Quilt

I am getting close to finishing this quilt. Only the binding left to do, a few loose threads to sew in and I will have my first finish of the year. This was the project I set as part of Elm Street Quilts One Month Goal challenge.

After a marathon quilting session and a couple shorter sessions I can say the quilting is completed.

The back shows the quilting better.
The binding colour was a challenge as all the fabric from this range has sold out except for a small piece of the border fabric. In the end I used a black which had a little red and blue design on it. It is the same fabric I used for my binding on my Grand Illusion quilt. I even remembered to sew a hanging sleeve on, considering it is a shop sample.

Here it is with the binding on.

Now this is a free pattern from Penny Rose Fabrics called 30's Fling. It is easy to make and will be hanging in the shop very soon if you want a close look at it.
I have linked this post with Elm Street Quilts who are running the One Month Goal project so pop over and have a look at the finishes and you may want to join us in next month.
Until Next Time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute quilt! I really like the design and love the way you quilted it!

Patty said...

This quilt came out wonderful! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on finishing your goal.

AlidaP said...

What a great quilt! Amazing finish, thanks for sharing!!