Monday, December 28, 2015

My Double Wedding Ring Bed Runner


This has been on my UFO list for a couple of years and I promise myself to finish it. Now I am up to the binding and I am not sure on bias binding as I have only done it once and it was early in my quilting life. I was going to look online for a tutorial and in my blog feed I found a good one from the Fat Quarter Shop.
It looked easy enough so I had a go. It didn't go as well as I would've liked. I did manage to get the binding done but I am sure I made a mistake cutting and ended up with some short pieces of binding.
Next to sew it on the bed runner. The outer curves were easy, the inner points were the hard bit. Some of mine aren't as neat as I would've liked but they are securely stitched. The join was the hardest part of the whole process because the tutorial was done by a right hand person and I am left handed. So when I re watched the final stage of joining my ends didn't match the end in the tutorial because I had cut my strips left handed, and boy it took me a few goes to get it right. In the end it was done, just the hand sewing of the binding to the back left to do.
Since I was in binding mode I made the scrappy binding for my Random Ohio Star quilt at the same time so I just have to quilt it and the binding can go straight on.

Even after the scrappy binding was complete there is still fabric left from this project. Only the outer border fabric was purchased (though for another project that didn't work out) the rest was left overs from my Farmer's Wife Sampler and my Wishes quilts.
Here is my Double Wedding Ring Bed Runner completed.

Until Next Time 
Keep Stitching
Cynthia


No comments: