Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Allietare Mystery Quilt # 1

It is that time of the year when we all dive in to Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt over at Quiltville.  This will be my third time for me and I am still looking for my happy medium when it come to being scrappy. The first time I selected one fabric for each colour in Celtic Solstice in my colour selection which I love. Last year I went totally scrappy for Grand Illusion and I wasn't as happy with the results. Nothing really wrong with it but a little too busy. So this year I am aiming for something in the middle.
I am changing only one of the colours and that is the gold to blue. Why you ask? Mainly because I have plenty of blue in my stash compared to golds. Plus I'm not a huge fan of gold and yellows. The other colours are staying but I am going to use less variety in each colour group. There will be some variety as you can see but I hadn't taken any out of my scrap bin of small pieces.

 I love the grey I have selected but looking at the picture here I am wondering if it is  little too dark. I wonder if I remove some of the darker blues would it make a difference or maybe I need to look for a lighter grey. So no cutting for me yet due to the grey dilemma. May have a look at what others have selected as their grey.

On the left is a possible second choice for the grey. The original choice is on the right. Tell me which one you like better and help me decide which one to use so I can get started. There is an Allietare button in the right hand side toolbar if you want to join us.

Until Next Time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia


No comments: