Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Hexagons are back.

That is right I have been bitten by the hexies bug again. After finishing my Cynthia's Flower Garden quilt and my Camellia strip quilt last year I thought I was about done with hexagons as I wanted to play with some other shapes. While playing with the others I found myself including hexagons and look what happened a new hexagon quilt was created in EQ 7.

 I am use these fabrics for this project.The 2 black and white prints come from the Evening Bloom range and the red is from the Riley Blake Designs Shades range Santa Red which you can find all in my Cynthia's Ark store.  I have used Inklingo to print my hexagon straight on the fabric as I had purchased the hexagon collection for my camellia quilt, so why not use it again. I may have to purchase a couple more hexagon collections in different size for the future. Using the Inklingo method is a TIME saving job. It took me less than an hour to print all my shapes and I am ready for sewing them together, no papers needed.
Unfortunately  I have only got 1 flower made so far.

Note: I am hand piecing these hexagon as I needed another hand piecing project but they are so easy to be pieced with your sewing machine if you prefer.
To find out more about printing onto fabric pop over to the Inklingo Blog.
Until Next Time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia

No comments: