Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Show Your Wings Blog Hop


Welcome to my day on the Show you Wings Blog Hop. A big thank to Carol to hosting us this time and I must admit pushing me a little outside my comfort zone with this one.

I don't know what I was thinking when I said yes to this one. Whatever it was I didn't write it down and the idea was lost. Generally when I sign up for a blog hop I have an idea forming already.

Thinking on the title and description we were given for this one. I couldn't get passed feathers, Wings and birds stuck in my mind. So I ended up really pushing it and created a  reverse applique wall hanging featuring feathers quilted the length of it. Which I then cut out to reveal the beautiful purple from light to dark.



A close up of my feathers.
I even used wing fabric on the back of my wall hanging, which I found in my stash. Where it came from who knows but it must of have been waiting for this project.

Here is the full list for this blog hop, so pop over over and check out what everyone made for this blog hop.

22 comments:

Elizabeth Coughlin said...

Your feathers are beautiful and definitely fit the "wings" category!

tink's mom said...

What a terrific use of the wings idea. The feathers are a perfect fit. Love this piece.

beaquilter said...

lovely feathers!

Melva said...

What a unique idea! I love it. It will be an idea stored in my memory bank for a future project. MelvaLovesScraps(at)NolanQualityCustoms(dot)com

Angie said...

Very cool project! Enjoy your day! :-) :-) angielovesgary2 atgmail dotcom

For the love of geese said...

Beautiful results. For the love of geese

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Cynthia! WOWEE - this is gorgeous. What a clever idea. I have been following Angela Walters and her videos, and she just recently shared a project with reverse applique. I just love your interpretation for this blog hop - it is just perfect. And the backing fabric - great choice. ~smile~ Roseanne

Carol Swift said...

With purple being my favorite color, this totally jumped out at me. It is really amazing and beautiful! I haven't done any reverse applique and now I need to try it. Thanks for hopping with us and sharing your pretty wings!

Lori Smanski said...

You did a fantastic job. This turned out so lovely. I love the going from dark to light. And purple is my favorite color so it was extra super. I love the fabric on the back. So perfect.
Thanks for sharing and for inspiring today.
quilting dash lady at comcast dot net

Joyce Carter said...

Very pretty! I have never tried reverse applique before. I love the way it looks. Thank you for sharing.

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

So many feathers! I like how it transitions with the color from light to dark.

Karrin Hurd said...

Beautiful project! Love the purple!

Calicojoan said...

OH my goodness that is absolutely gorgeous! Such a clean and striking look.

Createology said...

Thank You for Hopping and sharing your Wings.

Carla said...

What a clever idea and love your perfect feathers. Love your feather wall hanging.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wow!! What an incredible wall hanging! Feathers without birds or butterflies still fit the them. Enjoy!

Dione Gardner-Stephen said...

The colour graduation in this makes it stunning. What a great use of this fabric and fabulous interpretation of the theme.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I think that is gorgeous!! and I love it when I have an idea and it goes away! your new project totally made up for it ;-)

Anonymous said...

Lovely feathers!

Susan said...

Great idea to use feathers!! Love it!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Oh your feathers are gorgeous and love your backing fabric. Such a pretty project.

Michelle said...

Very clever to use feathers.